Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How Do I Look?

In today's society, there is a definite image that is considered "beautiful." If you look at celebrities, most if not all have tan skin with beautiful hair and eyes. You rarely see one with pale white skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. But someone with PKU has exactly that.

As I have stated in previous posts, people with PKU can't have phenylalanine. Well, phenylalanine is a big part in the ingredients of pigment. So without pigment, people with PKU mostly have blond hair, blue eyes, and pale white skin.

Nowadays, you can change almost anything about yourself. So of course, we have the option to dye our hair. Someone with PKU can do that, but most dyes won't last long in our hair. We have the option to go tanning, but the tan won't last long at all, if it even works. I don't know who would want to change their eye color, but there is colored contacts for that.

As for me, I have a very mild case of PKU which means my body makes a little amount of pigment. So I have brown hair, blue eyes, and pale white skin. I don't mind, that's how God made me. :)

I am thankful for what God gave me and how He made me. Just remember not to take for granted your skin or hair colors. Someone else would love to have them and can't get them. :)

Until next time,
Phe

Now Follow me on Twitter!
Phe_ThePKUGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment