Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baby Time!!

As you may know, due to my last post, I was finally able to get pregnant... Well, I would like to introduce to you my sweet daughter, Elaina!
 
She was born on March 12th after 22 hours of labor (I was induced on the morning of the 11th). She weighed in at 6lbs 7.2oz and was 20.75in long!! She did have a moderate case of Jaundice when she arrived and had excess Biliruben (not sure if I spelt that correctly). But after some photo therapy and 4 days in the hospital (starting the day she was born), she is doing great!! Like every other baby born at the hospital she had her 24 hour screening test, and it was rushed to the lab. We haven't heard anything back from that yet, so her pediatrician is hoping no news is good news. On Monday we went in for her 2 week well baby check up and did the next and final phase of the newborn screening test. Her doctor says she usually hears back within 2 days (which is today) if something is abnormal and if she doesn't hear anything today she will be calling the lab on Friday to make sure. OF course she doesn't do this with every newborn, but since I have PKU and Elaina has a 25% chance (if daddy is not a carrier) of having PKU as well.
 
We are anxiously awaiting to hear back from her doctor, hoping she doesn't have PKU, and enjoying life with our new little addition to the family.
 
Until next time,
PHE
 
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheDailyStrugglesOfPKU

Follow me on Twitter: Phe_ThePKUGirl

1 comment: