Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Medication!

There is a medication for everything now days. All you have to do is go to your doctor and tell him or her what your symptoms. Well until now, I couldn't do that with my PKU. I was doing a little research and I found there is a medication to help make my life a little easier.

I was looking for a topic to write about tonight when I stumbled across a page that talked about a prescription. It's a medicine called, KUVAN. It acts with an enzyme in your body to reduce blood Phe levels. It would in a sense take the place of formula, but in a different way. Formula gives me the protein I need when it's already broken down. This medication would make it so I didn't need my formula. It would break down the protein for me.

I just found out about this medication threw my research. I haven't seen my doctor (for PKU) in almost 4 years. Guess it's time to make an appointment!! I will let you know how it goes!!

Until next time,
Phe

No comments:

Post a Comment