Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Little More About Me

I haven't posted for a few days, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to write about. I realized in my first post I didn't tell you about me, I just told you about PKU. So here is a bit of my story...

My name is Laura, I am 20 years old. I live in North Bend, Or, with my husband of 8 months,Chipper, and our puppy, Peach. We just recently moved back here from Medford, Or. We are so happy to be back around family and friends.

Obviously from my previous posts, I have PKU. I have what's called hyper phenylketonuria, meaning it's the mildest version of PKU. Everything I have posted about affects me in one way or another.

Growing up people would ask me how I could stand not eating steak or hamburgers. They never understood that I didn't and still don't know what I am missing. I don't really care about eating meat, I am more concerned about the health and behavior issues that comes along with PKU. I want to not have to worry about getting pregnant unexpectedly and having to take extra precautions just in case I do.

The purpose for this blog is to spread awareness of PKU, help others who have PKU or knows someone who has it, and to keep track of myself. I want to feel that I am held accountable by my readers for my phe levels and my health.

If you have anything you want me to write about or questions you want me to answer please comment on the most recent blog post. Just let me know and I will do my best to write about it.

Until next time,
Phe

No comments:

Post a Comment